Anger Management: Understanding Anger
This course will help you identify how anger is affecting you. You will also learn about the anger process, trigger thoughts, behavior types, and coping strategies.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
Managing anger productively is something that few individuals, organisations, and societies do well, even though its an important component of being successful. This course will give you some ways to manage your anger as well as angry people.
Anger is a universal experience. Dogs get angry, bees get angry, and so do humans. Participants don’t have to be a psychologist to know that managing anger productively is something few individuals, organisations, and societies do well. Yet research tells us that those who do manage their anger at work are much more successful than those who don’t.
The co-worker who can productively confront his teammate about his negative attitude increases his team’s chance of success as well as minimises destructive conflicts. The customer service agent who can defuse the angry customer not only keeps her customers loyal but makes her own day less troublesome. This workshop is to help give the participant and their organisation that edge.
Highlights of what participants will learn:
- Be better able to recognise how anger affects their bodies, their minds, and their behaviour.
- Be better able to use the six-step method to break old patterns and replace them with a model for assertive anger.
- Be better able to control their own emotions when faced with other peoples’ anger.
- Be better able to identify ways to help other people safely manage some of their repressed or expressed anger.
What You Will Cover:
- How anger affects our bodies and our minds
- Coping thoughts
- Express feelings appropriately
- Prevent a build-up of frustration
- How to deal with issues
- Staying calm
- Identifying anger pay-offs
- Relaxation techniques
- Identifying trigger thoughts
- Developing your personal sanctuary Identifying distorted thoughts