Basic Business Management: Boot Camp for Business Owners
This course will give you all the skills that you need as a new business owner. You’ll learn how to develop your organisational chart, manage operations, speak knowledgeably about finance, hire the right people, build your brand, market your product online and offline, complete a strategic plan and a succession plan, and build your customer base. You’ll also learn the basics of leadership and tips for taking your business to the next level.
- A full description of the course is located below.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Access period 30 days.
- Duration: 6 hours.
Available!Return to Store
Owning a business requires a vision balanced with attention to detail. You need to be a generalist who understands the multiple aspects of running a business, as well as the ability to step back and see the big picture and to reach into the future. This course will give you the basic business management skills that you need for success.
The business environment is a complex place to be. Whether you wish to work as a consultant or freelancer, establish a corporation, or set up an operation that meets a need for very particular type of customer, there is a tremendous amount of information that you need to know and to apply. This significant course provides essential learning for new business owners, whether the business is just in the idea stage or you have already begun and need to fill in the gaps.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to apply the best methods for creating, leading, and managing their own business
- Ways to establish an organisational framework through operations, finance, and leadership
- Techniques for setting up an effective and efficient system for hiring, retaining, and succession planning
- How to start researching and designing a strategic plan
- How to describe the essential elements of marketing, sales, and their company brand
- How to apply financial and accounting terms correctly
What Topics are Covered?
- Who are you and what are you about?
- Designing your organisational structure
- Introduction to operations management
- Understanding financial terms and budgeting
- Getting the right people in place
- Getting your product together
- Building a corporate brand
- Marketing and selling your product
- Planning for the future (including succession planning, goal setting, and strategic planning)
- Ethics 101 and leadership essentials
- Building a strong customer care team
- Training employees for success