Business Process Management
To begin this course, you will learn about business process management and three related skill areas: business analysis, enterprise content management, and business process re-engineering. Then, you will work through the five stages of the business process life cycle: vision, design, modeling, execution, monitoring, and optimisation. Tools such as automation, business rules, workflow engines, what-if analysis, process mining, business activity monitoring, the balanced scorecard, Lean, and Six Sigma are also covered.
- Duration approximately 4 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of this course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
Business process management helps organisations leverage processes to achieve their goals and be successful. Once processes are implemented, they must be monitored, evaluated, and optimised to make sure they are still meeting the goals that they were designed to accomplish. A business that can successfully manage its processes is able to maintain a competitive edge, while increasing productivity and efficiency and decreasing costs.
This course will introduce you to business process management. You’ll learn how business processes can help you improve your company’s bottom line by providing a higher level of quality and consistency for your customers.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define active listening and its key components
- Identify ways to become a better listener
- Use body language to reflect a positive listening attitude
- Understand the difference between sympathy and empathy, and when each is appropriate
- Create a listening mindset using framing, positive intent, and focus
- Be genuine in your communications
- Understand the communication process
- Ask questions, probe for information, and use paraphrasing techniques
- Build relationships to create an authentic communication experience
- Identify common listening problems and solutions
What Topics are Covered?
- The fundamentals of business process management
- Defining business process management
- Reflecting on processes
- The business process life cycle
- The vision phase
- The design phase (including process mapping)
- The modelling phase
- The execution phase
- The monitoring phase (including an introduction to the balanced scorecard and business activity monitoring)
- The optimising phase(including an introduction to Lean and Six Sigma methods)