Communications for Small Business Owners
If you are new to the communications highway, this course will provide the foundation for future development. If your company has some communications expertise, this course will help you strengthen and polish your essential components.
- A full description of the course is located below.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Access period 30 days.
- Duration: 4 hours.
Available!Return to Store
Communications between a small business and its customers is a multi-lane highway. Navigate this highway successfully and you increase customer numbers and profits. Set out on this highway unaware, ill-prepared, or unconvinced of its importance, and you will lose ground to your competitors.
This is a significant course to introduce and reinforce the essential components of written communication that will connect you with existing and potential customers. If you are new to the communications highway, this course will provide the foundation for future development. If your company has some communications expertise, this course will help you strengthen and polish your essential components.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define the essential pieces of communication
- Customise these essential pieces for their company
- Identify the processes and plans needed for clear communications
- Develop, maintain, and evolve effective content for their communications
What Topics are Covered?
- Key communication components
- Your communications plan
- The five C’s of a successful message
- Communication strategies
- Sharing information through media releases
- Communicating online
- Using stories to communicate
- Polishers and time savers
- Enhancing your results
- Maintaining your message in crisis