Conflict Resolution: Getting Along In The Workplace
In this course, you will learn what conflict is all about. You will also learn about different types of conflict, stages of conflict, helping others through conflict, and creating win/win solutions. As a bonus, you will also learn supporting skills, such as communication, active listening, and body language.
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
Conflict is a necessary part of our personal growth and development. It only becomes an issue when the people involved cannot work through it. When this happens, negative energy can result, causing hurt feelings and damaged relationships. This course will teach you how to resolve conflict and gain positive results.
All of us experience conflict. We argue with our spouses, disagree with our friends, and sometimes even quarrel with strangers at a sporting event. At times we lose sight of the fact that all this conflict is normal. So long as people are individuals there will be the potential for conflict. Since you can’t prevent conflict, the most important thing is to learn how to handle or manage it in productive ways. What is critical for resolving conflict is developing an understanding of, and a trust in, shared goals. It requires openness, discipline, and creativity. Showing respect for other people and not blaming them enables people to work for mutual benefit. These are the skills that participants will develop in this two-day workshop.
Highlights of what participants will learn:
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate;
- Recognise the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them;
- Increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills;
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies;
- Strengthen staff trust and morale;
- Become more confident of their ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.
What You Will Cover:
- The positives and negatives of conflict
- Types of conflict
- The Johari Window
- The five stages of conflict
- Your conflict resolution style
- The Communication Funnel
- Seven steps to ironing things out
- Questioning and listening skills
- Facilitation skills
- Setting norms
- Making an intervention