This course will introduce you to the history of emotional intelligence and what its all about. You’ll explore the most popular theories, including the EI blueprint, Martin Seligmans ABCs of optimism, the VALUE and SOLER techniques, Ekmans seven basic emotions, and Plutchiks wheel. You’ll also explore your personal values and vision statement to help guide you in your emotional intelligence development.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and manage emotions and relationships. This course will help you develop your emotional intelligence to give you that extra edge in building relationships and connecting with others.
It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that will determine how successful you are in life.
We have all worked with and listened to brilliant people. Some of them were great and… well, some were not so great. The mean and the meek and all those in between can teach us more than they realize. When we look at the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you will see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ but their EQ – their emotional intelligence. This course will give you the EQ edge.
Curious about the relationship between emotional intelligence and the workplace? Our one-day emotional intelligence workshop teaches the essentials of emotions, from how to recognise and manage them, to the value of the EI blueprint, and more.
Students learn the essence of emotions for themselves and others, the relationship between emotional and physical health, and learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace. Whether it’s training for teachers, managers, or leadership skills, emotional intelligence helps anyone who wants to learn how to lead, inspire and connect with their team.
Training in emotional intelligence is made even workshop includes pre- and post-course assessments, emotional intelligence examples, activities, and more.
Some of the ways you will benefit:
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognise how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
What You Will Cover:
- History of emotional intelligence
- Definition of emotional intelligence
- The seven human emotions
- Personal vision
- Values, principles, strengths, and talents
- Validating emotions in others
- And much more!