From Boss to Leader
After completing this course, participants will know the characteristics of bad bosses and good leaders, understand how those who hold management positions can develop into good leaders, know the elements of leading by example, understand the importance of good communication and effective feedback, and know how to use emotional intelligence.
- A full description of this course is located below.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Access period 30 days.
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours.
Available!Return to Store
How do you make sure you are not a bad boss? How do you develop into a good leader who provides guidance and motivation while showing integrity and modelling the behaviours you want to see in your team? This course will arm participants with what they need to know to transform from a boss to a great leader.
Bad bosses. Almost everyone has had at least one in their working career. You do not want to be the bad boss in your work environment, the one who causes good employees to cringe when you enter the room. Or worse yet, you do not want to be the one who causes good people to leave the company. You want to be the type of manager that employees are willing to go the extra mile for. You want to nurture and inspire your team, giving them the confidence to do their jobs well. You want to provide guidance and motivation, while showing integrity and modelling the behaviours you want to see in your team. You want to be more than a boss, you want to be a leader. This course will arm you with the tips and general information you need to enhance your skills and transform from a boss to a great leader.
What Will Students Learn?
- Know the differences between good and bad bosses
- Understand how those who hold management positions can develop into good leaders
- Recognise characteristics of good leaders
- Know the elements of leading by example
- Comprehend how to use common sense in workplace dealings
- Know why it is important to use clear communication techniques
- Understand the importance of providing effective feedback
- Understand how to apply emotional intelligence to your dealings with others
What Topics are Covered?
- Good Boss versus Bad Boss
- The Boss as a Leader
- Communication is Key
- Common Sense
- The Science Behind Good Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Elements of Success