Getting Stuff Done: Personal Development Boot Camp
To start this course, you’ll explore what personal efficiency is all about, as well as useful attitudes and skills that you might want to develop. Then, you’ll outline your vision statement, dreams, and goals. Next, you’ll learn about the 80/20 system, what characteristics your organisational system should have, how to design a functional workspace, and techniques for organising your daily to-do items. You’ll also learn how to set up and maintain information management systems (both physical and virtual), prioritise tasks, create routines, and tackle procrastination. Finally, you’ll learn how to get organised at home.
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
Like any other personal challenge, time management requires a customised system that works for you. This course will give you a number of organisational tools and techniques to consider. At the end of the course, you will have a personal productivity plan that you can apply right away.
Why are there so many different organisational systems and time management methods out there? The answer is simple: it’s like any other personal challenge, like weight loss or money management. There is no simple, one size fits all answer. You must build a solution that works for you. Over the course of this workshop, we will explore various time management and organisational tools and techniques so that you can build a customised productivity plan for your personal and professional lives. At the end of the course, you will emerge with a plan that works for you, so that you can start regaining control of your life!
How You Will Benefit:
- Identify what personal efficiency is, including useful skill sets and attitudes
- Explore what role long-term goals play in short-term efficiency and set a personal vision, dreams, and goals
- Study the 80/20 rule and the Eisenhower principle
- Develop a plan for an efficient workspace, including a customised information centre and a filing system
- Learn about a system that will allow you to process any type of information that crosses your desk
- Explore why you procrastinate and develop methods for tackling tasks
- Develop ideas and tools to make your household more productive and efficient
What You Will Cover:
- Understanding personal efficiency
- Developing the right attitude
- Laying the foundation
- The building blocks of a good organisational system (including the 80/20 rule)
- Creating the right environment
- Setting up your info management centre
- Managing information in six easy steps
- Prioritising your tasks with the Eisenhower principle
- Saying no
- Creating routines
- Stopping procrastination now (not later!)
- Applying our lessons at home