Giving Effective Feedback
In this course, you will learn about the essential elements of feedback, important communication techniques, and a framework for informal and formal feedback. You’ll also learn some tips for receiving feedback.
- Duration approximately 2 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
Feedback is an essential element for our growth and development. This course is designed to help workplace leaders learn how to provide feedback any time that the message is due.
This course is designed to help workplace leaders learn how to provide feedback any time that the message is due. Whether feedback is formal or informal, and whether it is provided to employees, peers, or someone else, there are ways that it can be structured to be effective and lasting.
This course will help participants learn why the way we deliver is feedback is important, how to deliver a message so that people accept it and make changes that may be needed, and how to accept feedback that we are offered.
What Will Students Learn?
- Explain why feedback is essential
- Apply a framework for providing formal or informal feedback
- Use descriptive language in delivering feedback
- Describe six characteristics of effective feedback
- Provide feedback in real situations
What Topics are Covered?
- Feedback definitions
- Speaking clearly
- Communication strategies
- Characteristics of effective feedback
- Receiving feedback graciously
- Testing the waters (role play practice)