Networking for Success
In this course, you will learn how to identify opportunities, create a positive first impression, develop a memorable intro, start conversations, shake hands well, handle business cards, manage sticky situations, follow up with others, and organise your network. You’ll also learn how to network in online spaces, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
Business networking is an effective and efficient way for business people to connect, develop meaningful relationships, and grow their businesses. These achievements don’t come through a direct sales approach, however. They come from being interested in helping others, in listening, and in purposefully meeting and introducing people to one another. In this course, you’ll learn the essential ingredients for business networking, including in-person, people-centred connections and online spaces such as LinkedIn.
What Will Students Learn?
- Introduce yourself in a meaningful, memorable way, even if you’ve never worked on an elevator pitch before
- Be goal focused about networking so that you make the most of events you attend
- Apply the concept of give first and be helpful as part of a system of reciprocity
- Use strategy and systems in order to network effectively
- Leverage the availability and usefulness of the Internet, including LinkedIn and Twitter
What Topics are Covered?
- Assessing your networking skills
- Identifying opportunities and customising your approach
- Creating a positive first impression
- Your memorable intro
- Starting the conversation
- The handshake
- Business cards
- Handling tough situations
- Following up
- Organising your network
- Leveraging the internet