Public Speaking: Presentation Survival School
After you complete this course, you will be able to establish rapport with your audience, implement techniques to reduce nervousness and fear, understand your strengths as a presenter and how to appeal to different types of people, recognise how visual aids can create impact and attention, develop techniques to create a professional presence, learn some different ways to prepare and organise information, and prepare, practice, and deliver a short presentation.
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
This course will teach you how to manage your thoughts, body language, nervousness, and speech patterns to present yourself professionally. You’ll also learn how to present at meetings, use the five-S pattern to prepare a good presentation, and punch up your presentation with visual aids.
A great presenter has two notable qualities: appropriate skills and personal confidence. Confidence comes from knowing what you want to say and being comfortable with your communication skills. In this workshop, you will master the skills that will make you a better speaker and presenter.
Presentations are dynamic, active affairs that are often terrifying, especially for someone who hasn’t had much practice, or who’s preparing to give a presentation to their superiors. Knowing how to make a good impression, ensuring that your technology works, and being comfortable in your own skin-that’s a lot to keep on top if, let alone to train! Our presentation skills training material teaches students how to build their confidence, speak with assurance, and improve their presentation skills.
What Will Students Learn?
- Establish rapport with your audience
- Learn techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
- Understand your strengths as a presenter and how to appeal to different types of people
- Recognise how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Develop techniques to create a professional presence
- Learn some different ways to prepare and organise information
- Prepare, practice, and deliver a short presentation
What Topics are Covered?
- Communication skills
- Personality types
- Positive self-talk, rapport, and body language
- Maximising meetings
- Managing sticky situations
- Overcoming nervousness
- The five S’s
- Writing and planning a presentation
- Audience profile
- Your speaking voice
- Add punch to your presentation