Creative Thinking and Innovation
In this course, you will identify ways to develop your creative side and build a creative environment. You’ll also learn a basic problem-solving process, individual creative thinking tools (such as the RAP model, shoe swap technique, mind mapping, metaphors, and toys), and team-based creative thinking tools (such as brainstorming, brainwriting, rolestorming, the stepladder technique, and slip writing).
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. This course will teach you how to boost your creative juices.
Creative thinking and innovation are vital components in both our personal and professional lives. However, many people feel as though they are lacking in creativity. What most of us do not recognise is that we are creative on a daily basis, whether it’s picking out what clothes to wear in the morning or stretching a tight budget at work. While these tasks may not normally be associated with creativity, there is a great deal of creativity involved to get those jobs done. While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. If you fall into the latter category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognising and honing your own creative potential is a process. That’s what this workshop is all about.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to identify the difference between creativity and innovation
- How to recognise their own creativity
- Ways to build their own creative environment
- The importance of creativity and innovation in business
- Problem solving steps and tools
- Individual and group techniques to help generate creative ideas
- How to implement creative ideas
What Topics are Covered?
- What is creativity and innovation?
- Individual creativity and how to get creative
- Developing the right environment for creativity
- Creativity and innovation in business
- Where does creativity fit into the problem-solving process?
- Defining the problem