Identifying and Combatting Fake News
After you complete this course you will be able to: define fake news, recognise the difference between fake news and objective reporting, understand the impacts of fake news on your organisation, examine proactive strategies and how they work, learn reactive strategies and why they are essential, discover opportunities for promotion and growth within fake news , and create your own fake news action plan.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Available in English.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
In this day and age, its becoming increasingly important to learn how to recognise fake news and deal with it if necessary.
Building and maintaining trust is essential to attracting and retaining customers. What the public sees and hears about you is crucial to building that trust. That is why the emergence of ‘fake news’ is so unsettling to businesses and individuals dependent on public trust to grow, prosper and ultimately do their jobs.
What can be done in a society where it seems everyone is a reporter, judge, and critic — and a piece of fiction can be created, branded as truth and shared around the world in the blink of an eye?
This course will highlight the essentials of fake news: spotting it, coping with it, and growing from it — turning a potential crisis into opportunities for promotion and connection.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to define ‘fake news’
- How to recognise the difference between ‘fake news’ and objective reporting
- How to understand the impacts of ‘fake news’ on your organisation
- How to examine proactive strategies and how they work
- Learn reactive strategies and why they are essential
- How to discover opportunities for promotion and growth within ‘fake news’
- How to create their own ‘fake news’ action plan
What Topics are Covered?
- Evolution of “The Truth”
- The Challenge of “Social”
- Life of a Target
- Deconstructing Fake News
- Coping with a Crisis
- Proactive Approaches