Writing for the Web
This course will teach you how to design and structure web writing, create eye-catching headlines, develop user-friendly websites, add audio and video to your writing, and leverage search engine optimisation to get noticed.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Access period 30 days.
- Self-Study Guide provided.
- Quick Reference Guide provided.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
- Content last updated January 2020.
- A full description of the course is located below.
Available!Return to Store
People don’t read information on the web in the same way that they read a printed newspaper, magazine, or a book. This course will show web writers how to create interesting and engaging content.
The Internet is full of fascinating places to find information, check out your favourite companies and stores, look for deals, read the news, and much more. However, people don’t read information on the web in the same way that they read a printed newspaper, magazine, or a book. As writers, we must be very aware of how people approach a web page so that we can create interesting and engaging content. This one-day course is for people who write for readers on the web.
What Will Students Learn?
- Apply engaging techniques that draw readers to web pages
- Plan what to write to reflect their web hierarchy
- Create engaging content, including catchy headlines
- Enhance their writing with other forms of media
- Make their writing accessible to a variety of readers
What Topics are Covered?
- Getting to know the web
- Creating your content
- Writing for different mediums
- Testing the waters
- Deciding what’s fit to print
- Adding audio and video to your content
- Getting your content noticed